The origin dates back to 07.22.1897 when a group of 122 farmers in the province, particularly stimulated by the constitution of the first Agrarian Associations in Emilia Romagna, from the taxes on agriculture in development needs, as well as fruitful and continuous from the work carried out by walking chairs, technically and culturally, legally formed the Agricultural Cooperative of Ancona, under the presidency of Eng. Carlo Moroder Ancona.
The honorary chairmanship of the new body was given to the great professor and pioneer of modern cultivation techniques, Prof.Antonio Bizzozzero of Parma, who pointed to the statutory framework and tasks, on the trail of agricultural institutions Parma for several years operating in those areas.
In its first year of operation, the farmers' cooperative had 180 members for about 258 shares, with capital and reserves amounting to £. 5,289 and the amount of goods sold for £. 4923.46.
There was no lack of course, the difficulties in the first years of life: the distrust, individualism, the mentality attached to tradition, the situation of underdevelopment, not allowed or severely hindered the implementation of the new guidelines and the introduction of modern technical means.
However, the thrust of the times gave reason to the activity of the Agricultural Consortium if, ten years later, in 1907, it could boast 777 members, bringing the capital and reserves to £. 60,906.06 and increase the amount of goods sold in £. About 800,000.
This meant that, despite everything, farmers were beginning to realize that only in cooperation, joining forces to achieve common goals, you could bring out agriculture from the secular lethargy and misery income
Hand in hand, even in dell'anconetano inland areas, particularly in Jesi and Vallesina campaigns, such as development needs were never heard: in fact, deserving work of an obscure monk, Father Rinaldi, turning a few decades earlier in relief to the miserable conditions of rural populations, remained feudal era, followed the establishment of agrarian Comice of Ancona district, based in Jesi and, later, in 1896, arose a company for export of agricultural products, which became in 1905 the Sacepa (agricultural cooperative company for export of agricultural products), under the chairmanship of Professor Eugenio Mazarins Jesi.
The latter in 1908, he already had 153 members, with assets of £. 49,525 and an annual amount of goods sold for £. 222,788.46.
For some relevance befell the agricultural organization Jesi if through it, as the chronicles of 1911, they formulated the colonic pacts, through negotiations with the red and white alloys that supported the aspirations of the peasants.
Obviously, agricultural organizations of the time were instruments largely in the hands of landlords, for the defense of their interests.
Immediately after the end of World War II, both the farmers' cooperative that Sacepa made a great leap forward in their activities, as indicated by the statements of the period (1920), with a sales volume doubled, respectively, at £. 1919 to £ 4,923,523.77. 1920 and £ 8,509,805.99. £ 1,647,360.61 to .2.437.963,61.
Since 1897 he accompanied the life and the vicissitudes of the Agricultural Consortium, playing an effective propaganda among farmers, the magazine "The Cooperator Agricultural".
In 1934, by act of May 3, the Agricultural Consortium and Sacepa merged into a single body Agricultural Cooperative Consortium of the Province of Ancona.
Its activities spread throughout the province, also in mountainous areas of Sassoferrato, where the absorbed Consortium, with melting Decree of 11.22.1939, the local farming Circle.
At the end of the Fascist dictatorship and the Second World War, the economic conditions of the Consortium reflect the chaos determined by the tragic situation faced by the country and its real estate is almost totally destroyed by war events.
However, in such difficult conditions, it also took place primary importance functions, providing storage and distribution of food, then so much it needed for the survival of populations out of everything, and also of useful products to the agriculture for the resumption of agricultural production in the war-ravaged country.
Through the commitment of managers and employees, the assets destroyed was quickly rebuilt with more adequate and modern equipment, in fact, this unique engagement techniques led the Consortium to increase considerably the assets and activities, this is also due to its new restructuring democratic representative of all agricultural categories, as a result of the new law on agricultural consortia, supported by the then Minister Segni, n.1235 of 7 May 1948, which showed the appearance Ente cooperative.
This organizational structure has, today, become the necessary point of reference for every initiative that interests the provincial agriculture.